Yesterday I turned 30…and while I know it is just a number, it still kind of bums me out. BUT, I had a wonderful birthday thanks to all of the sweet cards, calls, e-mails, and gifts! Thank you everyone!
* As I added pictures in, I realized that a theme of sorts started to emerge…strange*
Birthday Cake …well, sort of…Birthday Bugs!
Our friends Karyn, Dave, and Allyson know how much I get a kick out of baking and decided to give me a new outlet for my passion with a muffin pan that makes bugs! Ha! What a crack up! Thanks guys!
More Bugs? More Slugs!
I am now the proud owner of a banana slug! (Yes, I really am excited about that…I don’t know why but slugs, like socks, make me laugh!)
Thanks to my father-in-law for this funny addition to my birthday!
Sweaters!
Last year when Nate was interviewing for jobs and we were trying to figure out where we were going to be living next, I got a little worried when AZ came up because I have a thing for sweaters –I think because they are the closest thing to a blanket that I can wear. I love wearing sweaters – I don’t know why… So, moving to AZ wasn’t going to work out well with my love of sweaters – moving to IA has made me love them even more since the weather here is below freezing during the winter. So, thanks Mom and Dad for the sweaters and warm fuzziness for winter! (No pictures since the sweaters came in the form of a gift card.)
And a Robot?
And, from my lovely husband I got a Craft Robo…no, I had to look it up too. Think printer, but with a blade that cuts instead of ink. Now I don’t have to cut all of my scrapbooking letters out by hand! Yeah! I can also cut out shapes and all sorts of other fun things…after I figure out how it works of course!
1 comment:
Wish we could have been there for both your birthdays. The birthday bug-muffins are sweet! And you're sure to have lots of fun with your Craft Robo (I bet Nate wanted to play with it too) and your glass slug. It even looks gelatinous!
Post a Comment