Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Little News…

 

DSC02598As of July we will be parents!

It is a little hard to believe – probably more so for our family, who was starting to think that either there was something wrong with us or we just weren’t ever going to have kids. 

We went to the doctor and heard the heart beat on Tuesday.  It was amazing to know that there really is something inside of me and my pants are getting tight for a reason other than the holidays.  

To answer some common questions:

Due Date: July 2010 – yes we have an actual day, but seeing as how the little darlings have their own schedule as to when they are going to show  -we are just saying sometime in July for our own sanity.

Gender: It’s  a Surprise! – I know there are those who say that it is a surprise when they read the ultra sound and tell you, but we like the suspense.

One or Two: Well…there were two heartbeats, but one of them was mine, so just one little bambino.

Morning Sickness: Not really – I know I’m lucky, but I haven’t really been “sick” so much as I just feel crappy if my stomach gets empty.  And, I’ve been super tired.

Nate: He’s thrilled and probably secretly making lists of all the destructive, noisy, and crazy things he can teach this child.  I’m a little worried. :)

Potential Names: I have a huge list of things I won’t call my child thanks to years of working in the public school system and having several names ruined by students and/or parents, but as far as the “yes” list, we don’t have any names yet.

6 comments:

Karyn, Dave & Allyson said...

:) We are so happy for you two. You will be amazing parents!!!

Sari from Edmonds, Washington said...

Congratulations Jenny! You are going to be an awesome mom.

Anonymous said...

How exciting! There is one lucky little baby entering this world. You and Nate are in for some joyous times. Congratulations.

Cindy Allred

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to new momma and daddy!! What exciting news. Much happiness to you and your new little one.
Shelly Dearmon

Anonymous said...

We're so excited we can't stand ourselves. Can't wait ...but have to.
Grandma and Grandpa (Mom and Dad)

Lace said...

I'm so excited for you guys. It's so great that you're not too sick! As for nate teaching destructive things.. good luck. I have kept Jeff in line a little but he's really enjoying that the kids are 8 and he wants to show them how to blow things up and use their knives for who knows what...Miss you guys!