One thing I can say about Iowa…when spring arrives, it ARRIVES! No freak mid April and May snow storms, just all of a sudden – it is warm and the frogs are croaking and the toads are singing and the birds are chirping and the flowers blooming!
The flowers in the front yard are pretty well spent now, but my tulips in the back are beautiful! I don’t know how long they’ll last since it has been about 20 degrees warmer than “normal” and the wind is blowing like crazy! So, here are some snaps of what I have currently – I think I need to plant more in the fall! :)
And for those of you who have never seen a Peony come up from the root…. I purchased this one last year at Costco in full bloom and was a little worried when it completely died back and red buds started popping up from the ground but I guess that is just what they do!
No comments:
Post a Comment