Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Little Craftiness…

I’ve been trying to find time to do things that I enjoy doing, not just the stuff that has to get done.  Sometimes it is a challenge and I don’t take full advantage of the time that Kaitlyn is asleep.  However, I really wanted to make both Kaitlyn and my nephew Ethan an Easter basket.  My sister and I have baskets that were made just for us by our Aunt and I thought the tradition should continue. I found these on the web and loved them!  Nate, being ever so handy and a true “rennisance man” (his words), helped get them cut out and assembled and I did the decorating (I’m still working on Kaitlyn’s – pictures to come).IMG_3638IMG_3648

Then, of course, I can’t just do one project at a time (it is like Christmas all over again – except this time I insured and tracked E’s package all the way to SL), and I had to add these little guys into the mix. IMG_3654

I now have a whole new appreciation for anyone who sews stuffed animals!  Once I figured out where all the pieces went (the first one is actually missing a  piece b/c I couldn’t figure out where to sew it) they got easier, but still…not something that is high on my list to make a lot of!

IMG_3655

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Look at you and all your craftiness!!! SO CUTE!!! I want one of those little lambs!

Tracilou said...

Very cute, Jenny. I'm glad you're making the time to do things for you. What lovely and thoughtful gifts for Kaitlyn and your nephew!

Anonymous said...

These little things are so creative! And very cute. :)