Sunday, August 14, 2011

Iowa State Fair

IMG_5169We decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather (we were only about 80 degrees!) and head down to the fair.  Both Nate and I had a sneaky suspicion that Kaitlyn would love the animals and get a kick out of seeing so many. 

Kaitlyn wasn’t so sure about all the people, and I can’t say that I blame her.  After all the traveling we’ve been doing I’m ready to be without crowds too!

IMG_5172

We started out in the horse barn and the miniature horses…these horses were just the right size according to Kaitlyn.

 

 

IMG_5177

 

  Kaitlyn even got to pet a horse!  Whoa!!!!!IMG_5179

Kaitlyn was smaller than a miniature horse and Daddy was about as tall as the average draft horse!  Kaitlyn has some growing to do still!  IMG_5182

Kaitlyn now says “baaa” when you ask her what noise a sheep makes, “neigh” for a horse, and “booooo” for a cow – apparently our cows are the sort that try to scare you.  We tried to work on pig noises, but the pigs weren’t too exciting since it was IMG_5185nap time for all of them. 

We stopped by the fair’s largest cow – 2,800 lbs!  and the biggest male pig (not sure if that means the females were bigger and just weren’t there…) who was 1,200 lbs!

Kaitlyn started making the funniest face while we were there – see picture – she was super excited and for some reason she would alternate between an open mouth look of awe and this expression.  It was pretty funny!

Here is a little clip of Kaitlyn watching some riders get warmed up for a horse competition and then a little clip in the horse barn where you can hear Kaitlyn neigh!  Enjoy!

If you have problems viewing the video above click here.

1 comment:

Mommo said...

I love her many expressions and all the excitement and joy they show. Thanks for sharing.