Friday, February 10, 2012

Where Did January Go?

Wow!  I’ve been meaning to post new pictures the last couple weeks, but I don’t know where my time went.  We don’t have a lot of pictures to account for our time though we’ve been keeping busy!

Kaitlyn officially turned 18 mo. last week.  I can’t believe she getting so big!IMG_6848  We measured and she’s grown a whole FOOT since she was born!  She is now 33 1/2 inches tall!

She’s been talking up a storm and is stringing more and more words together all at once.  My favorite is “Mom AND Dad” which is so sweet in her little voice. Kaitlyn has discovered the joys of watching snow fall (though we haven’t had much this year) and just keeps telling us “ ‘now shoes!” The girl really has a thing for shoes. She is already sporting size 5!

We’ve been woIMG_6856rking on lots of projects- Nate is in the middle of writing yet another grant.  We will be starting to preform our grant dance on a weekly basis until funding comes through.  (In case you’re wondering it is a lot the like the Funky Chicken dance which Kaitlyn thinks is tons of fun!)IMG_6858

Kaitlyn helped me pick out some new ribbon for bows – I was trying to get a picture of the bow, but ended up with just a bunch of blurry pictures of her head and these two that were in focus. :)

Nate requested a “Brew Hauler” for his carboy beer fermenting jug since it gets pretty heavy and slippery when full.  I thought it was a worthy use of my time to ensure that 3 gal. of beer wouldn’t be dropped and splashed all over the kitchen/stairs/basement.  Not to mention the broken glass. 

IMG_6871image

I’ve been trying my hand at sock knitting and am not sure if it is my yarn IMG_6955choice or sock choice that is disappointing me. I may just not be a sock knitter.  I guess I like seeing results faster and the thought of doing two socks is a bit daunting.  After I finish the first I’m ready to move on.  So I may end up with a bunch of mismatched socks! (Sorry no sock pictures yet)  I also finished off an infinity scarf which is a giant loop scarf.

I made a picture concentration game for our friend Allyson’s 3rd birthday!  We hope she likes it!

IMG_6865

In other news:

Kaitlyn has started putting her puzzles together without any help!!! Crazy!  When did she learn to do that?

Kaitlyn puts together animal puzzle

If you can’t view the video above, click here.

And, Kaitlyn has been doing lots of jumping…which is really pretty darn funny.

If you can not view the video above, click here.

That is all for now folks, but we have a special Valentine message for you so check back soon!

1 comment:

The Roseburgs said...

Allyson LOVES the game and the new hair barrettes. We were thinking we should make some barrettes ourselves and send some to Kaitlyn. Love the new pictures. She sure is getting big!