Lately Nate and I find ourselves laying down at night exchanging the things Kaitlyn’s said to us during the day…here are some of the things that made us laugh the last few days:
Driving in the car…
Kaitlyn: I’m not a baby anymore!
Me: What are you then?
Kaitlyn: I’m a kid! (thinks a little bit) I’m a TINY kid!
Kaitlyn has been into tiny things lately – she thinks all things are tiny…
Driving to swim lessons with Nate…
Kaitlyn: I need a motorcycle! (there are a lot of college kids with motorcycles back in town now that school is in session)
Nate: What kind of motorcycle?
Kaitlyn: A tiny motorcycle!
Nate: Can I ride on your motorcycle?
Kaitlyn: No, it is too tiny for you!
I was chasing Kaitlyn…
Me: I’m going to eat you um, yum, yum yum!
Kaitlyn (very indigently): Don’t eat my pounds! Don’t eat my pounds!
This was after we had to weight her pounds on a scale and she learned she had lots of pounds.
Kaitlyn has also been telling us quite frequently not to leave her home that she wants to go with us wherever we are going, telling us to “wait!” not to eat food that is “too hot” according to her, and informing us that “I’m not sleepy, my eyes are open!”
Kaitlyn also has realized that she likes to go out to eat and just go in general, the other day….
Kaitlyn: I need to go to Mine-ap-alis (Minneapolis).
Me: Why?
Kaitlyn: I need some food at a “rest-tant”
Me: What kind of food do you need?
Kaitlyn: Mmmm, some bread I think.
Me: Why do we need to go to Minneapolis for bread?
Kaitlyn: That’s where the rest-tant is!
I love listening to K, she is really good at imaginative play and has the most interesting conversations with her toys…all very sweet, though it seems most of her toys are going through their terrible two’s also and need lots of time outs! We often find various stuffed animals around the house sitting in corners until they are ready to “try again.”
Oh to be two!
2 comments:
Tell that "Tiny Kid" that Nama Kathy and Grandpa Dennis have lots of restaurants to take her to and will never eat her pounds (nibble toes maybe) or put Neigh in time-out!
What a crack-up! Allyson likes to go to restaurants too! "I think we need to eat out tonight." Too funny!!
Post a Comment