Monday, November 19, 2012

No More Crib

I think it was the beginning of last week, or the week before…though I can’t be sure because the last few weeks have kind of all blended together…we took the front of Kaitlyn’s crib and turned it into a daybed of sorts.  This wasn’t prompted by the fact that she was climbing out, but more by the fact that she’s getting really heavy and lifting her in and out was a bit ridiculous.  Now that the side has been off for a couple weeks (so maybe it really was two weeks ago now), and we’ve established that she needs to stay in bed after lights out, she’s really gotten the hang of it and is all about “climbing into bed.”IMG_0103

With the bed “up-grade” also came some new décor. My mom made K a super cute owl quilt for her 1st birthday and I found a cute little owl to mode podge and put on the wall.  I’ll have to work on some more little decorations, but we’re getting there! 
IMG_9658

With the changing table gone K has a lot more space in her room so it may not be long before we upgrade to a twin bed.  Especially if she keeps growing – she may be too long for her crib mattress before winter is out!

2 comments:

Nama said...

The quilt looks cute on the wall, smaller than I remember. I think it suits my bright Little Owl.

The Roseburgs said...

I like it Kaitlyn! Your room looks so terrific and really good! From Allyson