Thursday, April 18, 2013

A Long Time Coming…

Years ago, when Nate and I first moved to Seattle we bought a kitchen table with upholstered chairs.  At the time I wasn’t really think about the fact that the upholstery was very light in color and we’d be sitting on them every meal to eat.  They’ve held up really well, but it has been time for a change for a while.  I finally found some fabric I could live with – though it is lighter than I’d like. And got started on my first upholstery project after watching several videos that made it look super easy.  Apparently the people I watched didn’t have their chairs put together by a Malaysian maniac with a staple gun.  I joke you not, there were probably upwards of 400 staples per chair!!!! that at first I was convinced I needed to pull out.  Yeah, that was a short-lived delusion (along with the idea that 20 min. of work would get me a completed chair) and after the first chair I decided that if they didn’t come out easily they were happy living where they were.  So….after a little bit of an adjustment to my expectations….I started making progress!!!!! Yeah!  IMG_1371

Thus far I’ve completed 3 seats and am now just waiting for Nate to use his manly muscles to screw them back onto the chairs so I can switch them out for the other three…and it only took me 4 days!  Maybe by next week we’ll have a matching set again!

IMG_1357IMG_1364IMG_1365IMG_1366

Kaitlyn tested and approved of all the chairs I’ve done so far, they are approved for sitting, kneeling, standing, and use as “diving boards” when not attached to the chairs according to K.  She totally going to be bumed when they are all re-attached and she can’t move them around anymore!

Happy Thursday!

Jen

2 comments:

Mom said...

Looking good...lots of work...hope the material is stain resistant.

The Roseburgs said...

Yay! They look great!!