Sunday, August 31, 2014

Other Randomness

Okay, so most of the month of Aug. was getting baby’s room ready and getting ready for school, but there were a few other things we threw in here and there…

I asked Nate to make me a little table for the arm of our chair/couches upstairs so I could have a place to sit things when I wasn’t by a table.  He did an awesome job!  Made from ambrosia maple this little beauty even has walnut accents and little grooves to keep my pencil from rolling if I am using it to write on! One word…AWESOME!!!!!  Thank you Nate!2014-08-19 17.27.33

Also, I finished a project that I started a while ago…I received some beautiful Milk Yarn for Christmas last year from Nate’s dad Mark.  I didn’t know what milk yarn was so I had to look it up and turns out that you can extrude milk protien and make yarn out of it!  Who knew!?!  Anyway, I had to find a project that wouldn’t require more yarn than I had and I hadn’t done much lace work so I settled on a scarf/shawl piece…

Unblocked (Not washed or stretched out)

IMG_3425

During Blocking (Shaping)

IMG_3492
After Blocking (Probably the pictures truest to color…)

IMG_3506IMG_3501

Now I just have to figure out what to wear it with!  Thank you again Mark!

 

Kaitlyn and I also did some beading…she has more bracelets than anyone I know!  And, according to Kaitlyn if you wear a bracelet on your ankle it is called a “bracer.”

2014-08-15 15.02.162014-08-15 15.02.33

And…for your viewing pleasure….a little musical duet from Nate and Kaitlyn…

http://youtu.be/ZNakoa7Kn6c

Just follow the link!

1 comment:

Grandma Kathy said...

Beautiful work in the wooden chair arm table, the shawl, and the beadwork! You are truly a family of exceptional talents!