Sunday, April 4, 2010

Cookies and Baby Brain DO NOT Mix

I never could quite figure out how people could make huge messes while cooking – now I know…they must have had “Baby Brain” too! (Which by the way, is actually a real condition.  According to one of the books I’ve been reading, pregnant women loose connections in their brains during the 2nd and 3rd trimesters and then their brains “re-wire” a couple weeks before baby is born to help them cope with being a mom.)

_MG_9210 

Chocolate chip cookies sounded like a good idea to both Allyson and me….

_MG_9211 

IMG_9217

We did some measuring and counting – things that you needed 2 of were particularly good in Allyson’s view.

IMG_9219 IMG_9220

IMG_9223

Baby Brain struck…and I had Allyson turn the mixer on after adding a cup of flour…I really thought she wouldn’t be able to push the speed control all the way to 10 at one go because it is pretty stiff.  I was standing right there, what could go wrong?

IMG_9225 IMG_9226 IMG_9232Umm….yeah, well, we had fun at any rate and the cookies turned out pretty tasty!

2 comments:

Karyn, Dave & Allyson said...

I liked hearing the events unfold from the other room. You guys were covered!!

Lace said...

awesome! You're such a great sport Jen. You'll be such a good mom!