Friday, September 17, 2010

Busy Week

This week we had a lot going, Nate’s birthday on Sunday (12th) and then my birthday on Thursday (16th), not to mention a new haircut for me – which I hate!  (My normal gal was out on maternity leave and the gal the cut my hair just chopped it all up! I’m not getting any more haircuts until my regular gal is back!) We also did some knitting, went on a couple of walks, and read some stories!  Not to mention finding a little green friend behind the grill!

Here are some pictures from the week!  Hope you enjoy!

IMG_0794IMG_0806

IMG_0867 IMG_0881
Nate’s birthday was a hit this year – I didn’t make him a cake to melt the candles in and nothing was broken…(birthday 2009)
Though
I have to say I might be crazy…I got him a Crème Brulee set including a butane torch!  I know…but he loved it!  The little girl got him a meat mallet!

IMG_0890 IMG_0898
My sis got me some shoes- thank you! Much more practical and useable on a daily basis than the mortar and pestle that she got Nate (mind, Nate loved the mortar and pestle!).  Nate bought me a glass globe to hang somewhere…not sure where yet, but it is really pretty – the picture really doesn’t show the colors very well…

IMG_0904
So, apparently we do have sticky-toed friends here in Iowa.  This little guy was stuck to the siding behind the grill when Nate scooted it out to cook dinner the other night!

IMG_0851 
Kaitlyn has decided that she likes to sit in laps…and enjoys sitting in my lap and pretending to knit like Mom!  Her little hands look like they could be holding needles and making a sweater! (Yes, I know it is just random baby hand movement, but still it is fun to pretend.)

IMG_0846

We got bundled up and went out for a couple of walks in the morning this week to enjoy the nice fall temps! 

IMG_0911IMG_0909 
Kaitlyn has been enjoying lots of stories every night before bath…I enjoy listening to Nate read to the girl bug!

And, there you have it, our week in a nut shell!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Haha, I guess the mortar and pestle are pretty big, no wonder it was so heavy :)

Mom said...

I love the photo of you and Kaitlyn knitting, and the ones of Nate reading to the Kiddo-Bug are super cute, especially with her naturally fluffy hairdo! Glad you had good birthdays. Thanks for sharing.