So Nate’s semester is 16 weeks long and this is the first time he’s had to teach 2 classes at the same time. He has a lot to do between classes, labs, etc. so it seems like we’re always trying to squish a ton in while he’s home and doesn’t have to work.
This week Kaitlyn has been talking up a storm. She has a bunch of words that she says consistently and then will echo after almost anything we say. Yesterday it was “geese” which is easy since her favorite food is cheese and we hear “cheese” almost non-stop. She also likes to say “shoo!” (shoe) and will seek out any shoe of any shape and size and make sure that you are aware of its existence. I took Kaitlyn to the shoe store and you would have thought she was in heaven! “shoos! shooos! shoo!” She was incredibly helpful in my search!
Kaitlyn is also making progress towards independent walking! Scary yes! She will walk back and forth between Nate and I and will use us as a jumping off point to walk to things that are within 9-10 of her short little steps. I’m predicting by the end of the weekend she’ll be brave enough to venture out on her own. (Can’t believe it!)
Here are some pictures for you, I have video, but it will have to wait till later for editing.
Happy Labor Day weekend!
Thanks Ruchi & Sumit for the darling dress! She loves “smelling” the flower!
1 comment:
I love these last two photos that show tons of personality! Every girl should have a new dress with a flower to smell.
Post a Comment