I’ve been working on lots of projects lately…mainly for Christmas presents – I get started early b/c I never know how long something will take with trying to do bits and pieces between everything else. Most of the projects have been for others and they are surprises so no pictures of those, but I thought I’d share a couple that have been completed and given already…
This summer I worked on slippers…and my first felting try – they turned out pretty cute, though the pair I made for me needs something grippy on the bottom or I fall flat on my rear every time I try to walk on our hardwood floors – not optimal for chasing a small child around the house!
Slipper pattern came from here.
Then I had to make some monsters….
And, there were a few other projects in there too…sorry Mom, no sneak peeks!
Then more hats and booties (I know a few people having babies this year I guess.)
This one looks a little lumpy b/c it is meant to fit tight on the head and I didn’t have anything nice and round that would fit inside it…It will look much cuter on a baby head I think. (pattern here)
After all that I decided I wanted to try a sweater (never have before) so I started small and made one for Kaitlyn. I think it is darling but for some reason she’s not a big fan. ( I still need to wash and block it flat so it hangs right, but I couldn’t wait that long to try it on her.)
The pattern for the sweater once again came from Ravelry – seriously my favorite knitting site…so many great ideas, and a lot of the patterns are free!
Still on the project list and partially completed are an acorn wreath and Christmas stockings – both of which I got the idea for off a thing called Pinterest. Sort of a bulletin board for different ideas – completely addicting and really a lot of trouble for me since I’m always saying “I could do that!” or “I want to make that!” If you don’t have an account on Pinterest yet and want one let me know and I can send you an invite.
4 comments:
The hats, slippers, booties, and sweater are adorable as are the monsters. Am I too old for one? Just kidding. Guess I already had my share. Sneak peeks? Why not?
The monsters are my favorite. Especially the monster marsupial!
Jen, I feel the same with the slippers! Gripped on the bottom would be a good thing to add! Love the sweater!!
Love them all! Wish you were closer so you could teach me how. I can knit and pearl in a straight line and that's about it.
Post a Comment