Sunday, March 11, 2012

New Socks!

If you know me at all well, you know that I LOVE socks, don’t know why, but at some point early in my teaching career I went from wearing plain socks that were very professional to all sorts of wacky socks.  Maybe it had something to do with the fact that the small children at my feet would sit still mesmerized by my zany socks when nothing else could keep their attention…maybe because my feet are always cold and clammy so I end up changing my socks frequently…maybe because socks are GREAT!!!!

Anyway, the point being I love socks and while my sister reminds me that you can BUY socks, there is just something marvelous about knitting socks…so I’ve been trying it out and have knit several socks – not pairs of socks, just individual socks – how can that be you ask?  Well, they all have the same colors, just not the same design in the knitting – they could be worn together as pairs, but the don’t technically match.  Anyway, I finally found a pattern and yarn that I liked well enough to knit two of the same thing!  And, here they are!IMG_7195IMG_7186IMG_7187

Marvelous!– Yes, I know!

4 comments:

Mommo said...

Nifty yarn that self-stripes!

Lindsey said...

Nice socks :) I don't have any that cool, mine all come from the store :P

The Roseburgs said...

Super cool!

Ruchi said...

Good job!!