Sunday, August 26, 2012

Cake and Curls

Wow!  The weekend is over and it doesn’t even feel like we had really gotten started yet.  That’s what happens when school is back in session and everything has to happen on the weekend.  Though to be fair I did a ton last week.

Nate invited his students over for a beginning of the year dinner so Kaitlyn and I made a quick trip to Des Moines to hit Costco and Trader Joe’s.  I could tell K was feeling better (she had been running a fever for a  couple of days which may be teething related…) when she got up Friday and was insistent on going to Trader Joe’s.  I made sure her fever was gone and we made a quick trip down to pick up what we needed. 

After we got home I made dessert for the next night and K played with play dough….

IMG_9664

IMG_9666

Chocolate cake from scratch (no, I don’t mean a box) with frosting to match – not too shabby!

Then Saturday dawned and K wanted curls for the party….IMG_9670IMG_9671IMG_9673IMG_9674

Believe it or not she actually sits still for me to use the curling iron!!!! Of course we bought the curling iron especially for her.  (Makes me wish it took a total of 7minutes to do my hair!)

The curls are gone, but we’ve got cake to share for anyone interested!
Have a great week!
-Jen

3 comments:

Mom (Kathy) said...

The cake looks beautiful and yummy! It is especially impressive since it's from scratch. And Miss K's curls are so cute! It sounds like the school year is off to a good start.

Lindsey said...

I love the curls and yes I will take some cake. It is too bad you don't live closer and I would trade you for a houseplant. Someone brought me a beautiful houseplant that I feel very sorry for. That poor plant doesn't realize sooner or later it will be euthanized.

Anonymous said...

Kaitlyn is growing up so fast! Super cute as always :)

And that cake looks delicious.