I don’t know where our time has gone! Seems like summer always flies by way too quickly and before we know it we have to start thinking about the start of the semester. Nate doesn’t get summers off…he has a more flexible schedule since he doesn’t teach classes, but summers are busy with research and grant writing. We still manage to squeeze in a bunch of things though.
Like cake ball making! My sis gave me a cook book for Christmas and it only took me 8 months and prompting from a friend to get my rear in gear and give it a try. Kaitlyn “helped” throughout the process, but we only have pictures of the part Nate was home for. (Sorry, I’m not coordinated enough to cook with a toddler and set the camera up to take pictures at the same time.)
Kaitlyn had to pick out her own “whisk” even though she quickly decided the one I had picked out was superior.
We made S’more cake balls with half the cake. (Chocolate cake, chocolate frosting, graham crackers, mini chocolate chips, and a marshmallow in the middle)
The other half the cake turned into mint chocolate cake balls. ( Chocolate cake, chocolate frosting, mini chocolate chips and crushed peppermint candies)
Tasty little things! Now, we just need to find someone to share them with so I don’t eat them all!
2 comments:
Yum! Please, share the recipe and instructions!
Pick me, pick me!! Glad they turned out so nicely. Be on the look out for the freezer monters! ;)
Post a Comment