Sunday, August 10, 2014

Off to the Fair

We lucked out and had a great day to go to the Iowa State Fair on Saturday.  Usually by this time in Aug. the temps are high and the humidity unbearable.  I told Nate that if it had been any other year, and me being pregnant, I would have been staying home.  As it was the weather was over-cast and only in the 70’s so it was GREAT!

Here are a few pictures of our visit.
Of course we headed for the horses as soon as we got to the fair…well, that and Nate had to have funnel cake! We watched some exhibitions. I don’t know where my head was, I didn’t take a picture of the horses at all!  I think most of the horses must have been coming in later in the week because the horse barn was relatively empty except for the mini horse…K really wanted a picture of one of the horse’s hooves for some reason…

DSCF1135DSCF1140DSCF1139DSCF1141

Then we were off to see the sheep and pigs.  Watching a sheep sheering competition was fascinating…and made us all glad we aren’t sheep!DSCF1142DSCF1145DSCF1146

Here Piggy, piggy, piggy!  This pig just wanted petted…

DSCF1147DSCF1148
These were the big pigs of the fair… They were both sleeping, but goodness!  Talk about a lot of bacon!

DSCF1149DSCF1150DSCF1151DSCF1152

We saw cows too…big cows, short cows, tall cows, skinny cows…there are a lot of cows in Iowa!DSCF1153DSCF1155This is the biggest one. 

DSCF1156We rounded out the day with some face painting for K.

  DSCF1157DSCF1158After Nama and Papa’s visit last fall she has decided that she likes to have her face painted!  And, a root beer float on the way back to the car. 

Phew!  What a day!

And, if that wasn’t enough Nate decided to be super productive and work on painting in the evening!  I’ll post pictures later in the week.  But, only one more coat of paint and the baby’s room will be painted and will just need the chair rail installed!  Man!  I’m glad Nate has energy to do these things, or the baby would be sleeping in the desk drawer! Winking smile

Happy August!

Cheers,

Jen

1 comment:

Grandma Kathy said...

Kaitlyn's horse Tee is just the right fashion statement at a state fair! I wish there had been more horses for her to see.